New To Fell Walking

|
Living in West Cumbria, you would think by the age of 33 I would have climbed half of the Lake District peaks by now. Unfortunately, for one reason or another I have climbed the grand total of 2 fells. One when I was 10 (or 11) and the other, Dent, which is within minutes of my house.

Inspired by programs such as Coast and Countryfile. I figured I was missing something quite interesting and something good for my general fitness. I literally have no excuse to not to climb the Lake District fells. The nearest are minutes away and the furthest no more than a 90 minute drive.

I've spent a few months soaking in information and getting some basic kit together and I am now ready to go.

My 1st target is to climb all 214 fells featured in Wainwright's Pictorial Guides. This might take me a while!

0 comments:

Post a Comment